CLA & MDIB Present: Reignite, Reengergize, Reinvent Your Inner CEO ‘Understanding Your Business Inside & Out’
Date: Friday, July 16th, 2021 NEW DATE!!!
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
Location: Clifton Larson Allen (CLA), Philadelphia, PA
Mommy Dentists in Business is partnering with Clifton Larson Allen, LLC and bringing the learning to you! With topics such as office membership plans, tax planning and tips to refresh, this event promises to teach something to all attendees, no matter where they fall within the Business Life Cycle.
CLA and Mommy Dentists in Business is proud to present the agenda for our regional workshop East (course descriptions coming soon):
8am: Registration & breakfast
8:30-8:45am: Morning welcome with Dr. Yum
8:45am-10am: The Business Life Cycle with Kris Hackbarth-Horn
10:00-10:30: Dental Fee Survey Review with Kendall Butler
10:30-11:30: Tax Planning: Tips and Tricks for the Dental Practice Owner with Christine Abell
11:30-noon: Membership Plans with Kendall Butler
1-2:30: Reigniting Your Purpose & Passion with Kris Hackbarth-Horn
2:30-4:00: Breakout sessions with Christine Abell:
- Overhead – How are you handling it?
- Culture and Retention – What are you doing to keep employees and make your practice a great place to work?
*Attendees will earn 4.5 CE credits for attending this event.
**A continental breakfast and lunch are included in ticket price.
Course Title: “The Business Life Cycle”
- Identify which stage of the business life cycle your practice is in
- Understand the challenges of each stage
- Working together with your peers, determine what you can do to proactively manage the challenges
Course Title: “Dental Fee Survey”
- Understand why fees should be assessed every year
- Learn which services should have a substantial increase year over year
- Understand how raising or not raising your fees can impact your KPI’s
Course Title: “Tax Planning Tips & Tricks”
- Determine if your entity structure is right for you
- Understand Section 199(A) and how it affects your income taxes
- Learn last minute tips for preparing your income tax return
- Discuss the impacts of the 2020 election
Course Title: “Membership Plans”
- Understand what a membership plan is
- Learn what to include in a membership plan
- Understand the advantages of implementing a membership plan at your practice
Course Title: “Reigniting Your Purpose and Passion”
- Provide awareness and understanding of the power of following your passion and living a life of purpose
- Provide tools and ideas on how to find or reignite your passion and purpose.
- Provide insight and action steps to make sure you are caring for yourself, setting appropriate boundaries and finding your inner strength to be optimistically resilient in all that life give us.
Course Title: “Breakout Sessions”
- Discuss various topics as a group and share best practices on how to tackle overhead, culture and retention
A little bit about Christine Abell
Christine Abell is the Managing Principal of CLA’s physician and dental practices. She serves as the primary advisor for various physician groups and medical clinics by providing financial and income tax compliance, operational and strategic services across the country. Chris has 30 years of experience serving physician practices, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), mental health centers and joint ventures between physicians and health systems, such as ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs) and imaging centers. She also works with physician groups that are in the process of or have integrated with venture capital organizations and with health care foundations, associated with various health care entities. She has assisted health care organizations by uncovering issues related to financial reporting and internal controls, and developing solutions to enhance the client’s business operations.
A little Bit about Kendall Butler
Kendall specializes in dental practice efficiency, and has more than 25 years of experience in health care. She began her career as a registered dental assistant, where she learned firsthand how an engaged team with the right processes can catapult a practice’s profitability. She also served as a dental practice administrator for many years.
Today, Kendall works with doctors, dental practice managers, hygiene teams, and other staff to identify ways to enhance practice efficiency and profitability. She provides guidance on patient scheduling, implementing consistent periodontal protocols, motivating staff, bonus programs, staff training, and aiding new dentists with practice transitions. Kendall’s skills also extend beyond clinical activities to practice development and marketing. She provides scripts and training to assist clients with scheduling and collections, as well as customer service techniques.
A little bit about Kris Hackbarth-Horn
Kris has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional. She is
passionate about creating an intentional culture, developing talent to achieve
results, and fostering collaborative relationships in the workplace and through
community partnerships. Kris provides strategic direction and oversight for the internal People Solutions team throughout the Wisconsin region, providing direction and leadership support for performance management and
career development initiatives. Her focus on process improvement and sustainability, combined with her cross-functional leadership experience, energizes teams to navigate change. Prior to joining the firm, Kris served as Vice President of People and Culture for Goodwill North Central Wisconsin. She is a graduate of Goodwill’s International Executive Development program.
Special Thanks to our co-hosts and sponsors: