Live Webinar Details
SnF2 – It’s Not Just for Healthy Gums Anymore, A Remineralizing SnF2 Toothpaste
EARN 1.0 CE CREDITS
SnF2 was originally developed for the world’s first decay preventing toothpaste – Crest with Fluoristan. That historical toothpaste had very little available stannous because it rapidly reacted with the other toothpaste ingredients. Decades of research were spent amplifying the stannous bioavailability for the gum benefits they provide.
The purpose of this talk is to provide a condensed historical account of this history of SnF2 to toothpaste, the ability of SnF2 to provide a multitude of benefits, and how a new SnF2 toothpaste was designed to optimize enamel remineralization, erosion prevention, and sensitivity reduction benefits simultaneously.
- Review the history of SnF2 formulation
- Review the science behind SnF2 formulation
- Briefly review the gum health benefits of SnF2
- Discuss the optimization of a SnF2 toothpaste for teeth that optimizes enamel remineralization, erosion prevention, and sensitivity reduction benefits simultaneously
- Answer questions about which fluoride is right for the patient
- Explain the benefits on SnF2 vs. other types of fluoride