Personal Information We May Collect“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual, which may include:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Fax number
- Email address
- Credit or debit card number (only collected by our third party payment processor)
How We May Collect Personal InformationWe and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through the Services: We may collect Personal Information through the Services, e.g., when you purchase a subscription, register for a seminar or webcast, order and view live and on-demand streaming media, make a purchase, contact us for more information, or use mobile and/or desktop applications or solutions you download and/or access from this Site.
- Offline: We may collect Personal Information from you offline, such as when you attend one of our seminars, place an order over the phone or contact customer service.
- From Other Sources: We may receive your Personal Information from other sources, such as public databases; joint marketing partners; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms, as well as from other third parties.
How We May Use Personal InformationWe and our service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send you new service and product offerings, newsletters, brochures, articles and e-mails.
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Services and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To provide you, as a member with information, newsletters, membership updates, event invites, discount and coupon codes from strategic partners and other third parties, and other communications related to your membership in MDIB.
- To provide you the Services.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase for Services or other products, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase of Services and provide you with related customer service.
- Where you do not have a membership with us, we process your Personal Information based on our legitimate interest to operate and administer our Site and to provide you with content you access and may request.
- To send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To personalize your experience on the Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
How Personal Information May Be DisclosedYour Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third party service providers, including, without limitation, Skyward North LLC DBA LearnDash and Ontraport, Inc., who provide services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services.
- To third-party business partners providing special offers, discounts, or coupons related to your business, practice, or lifestyle or other areas that may benefit you in your personal and/or professional life.
- If you opt in to have your information shared with other members of MDIB, to other members of MDIB to allow members access to roster information of other members of MDIB.
- To third parties to permit them to send you marketing communications, if you have opted in to such sharing.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- When you have otherwise consented to such disclosure.
Other Information We May Collect“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
- Through your browser or device:Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function.
- Other technologies such as “log files,” “pixel tags” or “web beacons“. When you access our Site, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise). In addition, pages of our Site and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related Site statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Third Party ID. We may allow you to use your IDs from third party website providers, including, without limitation, Google, Apple and/or Facebook ID, to set up an account. If you wish to use these accounts you are taken to the applicable third party website to login to your account and this information is then shared with us for the sole purpose of setting up your account.
- IP Address: Your “IP Address”is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services.
- From you:Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, practice area and year of dental or medical school graduation, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
- By aggregating information:Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services, (for example, we may aggregated Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
Ways to Manage Cookies.Browser Settings. You can control or disable cookies in your web browser. How you disable cookies depends on which browser you use. All modern browsers allow you to change your privacy settings to prevent websites from planting cookies. These settings will typically be found in your browser’s “options” or “preferences” menu or by using ‘Help’ option. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful.
- Internet Explorer (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17479/windows-internet-explorer-11-change-security-privacy-settings#1TC=windows-7)
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en)
- Safari web (https://support.apple.com/kb/ph21411?locale=en_US)
How We May Use and Disclose Other InformationPlease note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Other Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
SECURITYIn accordance with industry standards, we have implemented security safeguards to protect MDIB and its users against unauthorized accessing, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of Personal Information. Some of the safeguards may include:
- Requiring passwords in order to access sections of the Site or certain data;
- Employing firewalls to prevent unauthorized Site and data access; and
- Restricting access to Personal Information to certain MDIB employees, contactors, agents, and operators; and
Data BreachWhile MDIB employs multiple security measures to maintain data security, data breaches can occasionally happen, even to the most secure of systems. In the event of such a situation, MDIB will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information MDIB knows or has clear reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal InformationWe give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing-related emails by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing-related email.
- Receiving telephone calls, fax messages or postal mail from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing-related telephone calls or postal mail from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving these marketing communications by sending an email to email@example.com and specifying the contact information used and form of marketing from which you are opting out.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes: If you would prefer that we do not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out of this sharing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal InformationIf you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, or delete Personal Information that has been previously provided to us by you, you may contact us by writing to: Dr. Grace Yum 1242-44 N Milwaukee Ave. Chicago, IL 60622, email@example.com. In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information that you have provided to us suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information that you have provided to us. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE EU GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
- Make a Data Subject Access Request to access your Personal Information at any time. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Information we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure / deletion / removal of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where we do not have a valid reason to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing, where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Please Note: we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a 3rd party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to process it.
- Data Portability / Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or directly to another controller. This right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the Personal Information to perform a contract with you. We will (unless there is an exemption) assist you by securely transferring your Personal Information directly to another controller where technically feasible or by providing you with a copy in a structured commonly used machine readable format.
- Withdraw consent at any timewhere we are relying on your consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- To fulfill a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- Where it is in our legitimate interests, i.e. a business or commercial reason to use your information in conducting and managing our business;
- When it is our legal or regulatory duty; and
- When you consent.